In celebration of Women’s month, we shine the spotlight on Regional HR Director, Africa & Indian Ocean (Hilton Hotels) – Hellen Lebone. Take a look at quick facts about this trailblazer:
1. Hellen is a seasoned HR Executive who joined Hilton in 2015. In her role, she leads the HR Teams across Hilton hotels in Africa and Indian Ocean (AIO).
2. Hellen is a member of the HR Leadership Team for Middle East, Africa & Turkey.
3. Amongst her achievements in this role:
- Hellen has been instrumental is developing and driving the Diversity and Inclusion strategy for the region, which has seen a marked increase in the recruitment and development of Female and African leaders in the region. This also included building a female Hotel General Manager population from scratch which is now standing at close to 40%.
- Through Hellen’s leadership, the region has also seen year-on-year increases on the annual global Employee Engagement surveys in line with Hilton’s Employee Value Proposition of Thrive@Hilton.
- Throughout the pandemic, Hellen led the business through immense people-related change including organizational restructures, various cost management initiatives and employee support & empowerment initiatives during this difficult time.
4. In her spare time Hellen mentors HR professionals and young women within and outside Hilton.
5. She is passionate about helping people and businesses realise their full potential.
Hellen has about 20 years Human Resource experience across Hospitality, Information Technology, Petrochemical and Financial Services sectors working with both local and multi-national companies. Her experience includes HR business partnering at Executive and Senior Management level. She has held HR professional, as well as leadership roles managing the HR function from end to end. She has worked as a generalist and has specialized in Compensation and Diversity & Inclusion fields. Her experience includes working locally in South Africa, as well as holding regional roles in Africa and Indian Ocean.
Majesty Magazine celebrates women who are game changers and continue to shift the narrative of what it means to take up space in the corporate space.